UPDATE #2: Photoset now available! [Spoiler alert!] NGC’s Season 2, Episode 6 is now available (here) and features the return of Celestia. There’s an unexpected twist this time around, and the episode contains a hefty amount of peril.
UPDATE #2: Photoset preview
UPDATE #1: Trailer (with spoilers)
Review by Sidekick
I pretty much stay away from spoilers when reviewing all Next Global Crisis episodes, that’s especially true when there’s a “game-changing” moment. Season 2, Episode 6 contains such a moment, and I have no intention of spoiling it. With it being almost impossible to review this episode without in some way revealing that moment, we’re just going to run down a list of some interesting scenes, make some observations, and point out some moronic oversights on my part.
1. The actress who plays Celestia, is super good looking. This is moronic oversight number one on my part because I truly didn’t notice before how hot she was. I always saw that she was attractive, but whoa, she’s absolutely a stunner. I now understand why several of our most devoted posters swoon over Celestia.
2. Jade Vendetta is a great villain. Irinia Viksella is one heck of an actress and beautiful to boot. This is moronic oversight number two on my part. I used to be relatively ambivalent about the character of Jade Vendetta. Not anymore. She’s in the Sebastian Lunar class, and that’s high praise. Love to see more of her.
3. Do you like knockouts via gas? This episode has a scene like that.
4. Do you like a little torture, cattle prod style? It’s brief, but this episode has a scene like that.
5. How about a little bondage? Would you like to see Celestia tied to chair? You guessed it. This episode has a scene like that.
6. Stomach punches! Kicks to the stomach! A karate chop to the stomach! Plenty of action for you stomach guys and girls out there.
7. A new costume for a character and the actress wears it very well. I like the costume a lot. That usually means most everyone else won’t, but only time and your feedback will tell. Let us know what you think.
8. There is a final K.O. when one character smacks another with Celestia’s staff. (Sorry, I can’t spoil the particulars of who gets smacked and who does the smacking.)
9. Still no Bluebird. My withdrawal symptoms are surfacing. I may have to start a letter-writing campaign or plan some kind of protest. I haven’t seen my favorite character in months and I’m getting impatient. I’d also wouldn’t complain if Nina Hellfire and Magenta make some appearances. Just saying.
10. Good fight choreography, nice locations, great acting, strong dialogue, and a great villainess. All in all, another solid episode from Next Global Crisis.