UPDATED: See below. Wow! Didn’t see that one coming. What am I talking about? Can’t tell you that. I can tell you that if you just watched the trailer or looked at some preview photos, neither adequately reveals the greatness that is Season 2, Side Mission 6 from Next Global Crisis.
UPDATE – New Member’s Only Video
A new members-only video has been sent out via email today—feel free to discuss below. (And if you missed your chance at this one, be sure to join the NGC Discounts List for the next one!) Here’s the trailer:
Original Post – Sidekick’s Review of Side Mission 6
I think you all know by now that Bluebird is back. Apparently, while Catherine Marks was getting punched, scratched and beatdown, after following up on a fake distress call, Bluebird was doing the same thing. She shows up at an abandoned building, but it is quickly apparent that she in not alone.
Snare, with his almost Batman-like ability to appear and disappear, plays a little game of cat-and-mouse with our heroine. He taunts her a bit, lands some face and stomach punches, and just like that, he’s gone.
This pattern continues a time or two as Snare slaps on a choke hold, lands some more punches and kicks, and wraps one of his ropes around Bluebird’s waist and treats her like a yo-yo. However, Bluebird finally catches on to Snare’s tactics and takes control.
She seems to have him at his mercy but Snare is able to shock her and wrap one of his restraints around Bluebird’s neck. And that’s the reason why Red Mist chose Snare to confront her. Her power to catch a second and third wind isn’t all that useful when she’s being strangled. Things look incredibly grim until, well, I can’t go there. Big things happen. That’s all I’ll say.
I do want to give some general NGC thoughts.
1. Bluebird is back! Claire Yellowlees is back! It seems to tweak some people that I call her the best all around package in the genre, and I understand why. There’s a ton of incredible talent out there. It’s just my opinion and I have never implied that it is in any way a unanimous notion. I’m guessing many would vote for… nope, can’t say it. You’ll know who I mean when you watch this episode.
2. More on Claire. She hasn’t appeared for months, and when I saw the trailer for this episode, I thought she looked better than ever. I couldn’t quite put my finger on why though. After watching the episode, I figured it out, and I can explain why in one word: legs. She’s always been a statuesque beauty with great legs, but she must have been doing leg lifts for the several months she was off screen. Just killer legs on this girl.
3. There are those of you that have been looking for the definitive Bluebird KO. I don’t know what people mean by definitive—I’m not a KO guy—but I don’t think this is what you are looking for in the Bluebird KO area. Just an opinion.
4. I liked Snare and the actor who played him. I can’t say I loved the character after his first appearance but he grew on me. I won’t put him in the Sebastian Lunar class just yet but I thought he took a nice leap forward in this episode.
5. I may not be a KO guy, but I am part of the group that is looking for NGC to bring in that physically imposing, nigh invulnerable villain that the girls will have to deal with. My first choice to take on such a villain, Bluebird. My second choice, I can’t say. Again, you’ll know who I mean when you watch this episode.
(Note: This episode is longer in duration than other Side Mission episodes, but the price remains the same at $9.95 for Discount List members.)