“Infinite Possibilities” begins the “alternate realities” storyline in the Battle for Earth series. As the evil LOR’CAL and his apprentice watch (off-screen) we see a series of always-changing scenarios played out, each of which involves Superiorgirl (played by a new actress), Spawn, Nuclearman, Fusion and Radiance. I liked this episode as much or more than any other episode in The Battle for Earth. It’s a very creative story idea and gives viewers the chance to see lots of different scenarios within one movie.
After an alternate opening credits sequence, the story begins with Superiorgirl fighting Spawn in a classic Battle for Earth style. The first thing you’re likely to notice here is the new actress playing Superiorgirl. I think she looks great, and there are a couple of times throughout the video where she seems to be having a great time (especially with some of the “lighter” moments later on), but I have to say that the previous Superiorgirl came across to me as more dedicated to her performance (or maybe just a little better at acting). However, I really liked this Superiorgirl anyway and hope to see her again in later episodes. In any event, she looks great as Superiorgirl, and that’s probably the most important thing. :)
The story basically consists of a short episode followed by an alternate reality, then another, and so on. In each reality, the rules are slightly different, so the scenario changes every few minutes or so. Viewers who enjoy a longer story focused on one primary scenario the entire time may not like this setup, but I really liked it. It’s very fast-paced and the surprises keep coming, so I hope to see more episodes like this one.
I don’t think I can do a better job of recapping the story than the Battle for Earth web site, so here’s a run-down of the various mini-stories within “Infinite Possibilities”:
1. Triple Threat!: Lor’cal’s apprentice wants to see a reality without Nuclearman so we kick off with Spawn and Superiorgirl duking it out in rocky terrain. Superiorgirl eventually gets the best of Spawn so he opens a portal for Radiance and Fusion. Superiorgirl has some trouble with Fusion but she defeats him.
2. Enter The Nucleargirl: After Fusion is killed by Superiorgirl, Radiance is given the go ahead to take on Superiorgirl. This fight goes very bad for poor little Superiorgirl as her foe is greatly underestimated.
3. The Spawn Who Could Move The World: Next up, we have a different reality with Nuclearman and Spawn. Superiorgirl burns NM with her laser vision but Spawn takes control of her body and forces her to walk through a mine field. One of the mines is laced with a green space fragment!
4. Yes Master…: Next up we have a slight change of realities and this time Spawn’s mind control’s Superiorgirl to kill Nuclearman and follow him!
5. Blind Date: In this dimension Spawn never gave Lester his powers but he was able to make a synthetic green space fragment liquid! Lester scores a date with Superiorgirl and it all goes down hill.
6. Familiar Face: Another spin on the date reality but this time there are no space fragments, and Lester does have his powers!
7. Best Friends Forever: This story shows what would have happened if Spawn was able to trick/manipulate Superiorgirl into being his friend! A good Nuclearman shows up to try and save Superiorgirl but she protects the only friend she has on this planet… Spawn!
8. Family Ties: Later on in the same reality, Spawn creates a Nucleargirl and brings her and Fusion to meet Superiorgirl for the first time. Radiance immediately doesn’t like Superiorgirl, and a fight breaks out. Unfortunately for Superiorgirl, Radiance’s fighting skills prove to be more than she can handle.
It seems there’s a little something for everyone, including mind control and hypno, in addition to belly punches, backbreakers, low blows, etc. In particular, I really enjoyed “Blind Date,” even though the “superheroine on a date” scenario isn’t really my cup of tea. I enjoyed this one anyway, in addition to the early sequences which focus on classic superheroine fighting. I’m curious to see what everyone thinks about this video, so feel free to leave comments about it.