Spider-Gwen vs Punisher (First Look) + Conversation and Podcast from SHL
As of now my next release will be a Spider-Gwen film. That is subject to change, I will explain in this post so please read through it. I decided to attach my narrative following the actual Spider-Gwen comic series: In Spider-Gwens universe (Earth-65) George Stacy ends up in the pursuit of Spider-Woman’s arrest following the death of Peter Parker unaware that his daughter Gwen Stacy is Spider-Woman. He discovers her true identity surprised to find out she is his daughter. Frank Castle/Punisher is a dirty cop who has been assigned the job of bringing Spider-Gwen to justice after George Stacy fails to do so. He has a history with using excessive force to complete his job.
Thats where my films begins, after the events in the comic in which Punisher runs into Spider-Woman outside of George Stacys home (George is attacked by the vulture). I will include a link below to a book which includes this storyline in case you’d like to read it in preparation for my film.
Spider-Gwen: Gwen Stacy
This film will be released as a Unmasking Film
For those of you who do not remember or are new here:
I will release my film with a 48 hour window to watch the film without announcing the actress of the film, so that anyone who enjoys unmasking can have a true unmasking experience with the release. This will narratively is built around the unmasking moment as Punisher works with George Stacy therefore knows who his daughter is. The unmasking reveal therefore has the extra punch that the characters have a history together.
After that 48 hour window I will release a new trailer with the actress reveal, so for anyone who can’t or isn’t interested in buying a film without knowing the actress can also be able to buy with confidence if unmasking isn’t your thing.
- RELEASE DATE: NEXT MONTH… MAYBE
- SOFTCORE FILM (This is NOT a hardcore release)
- Runtime: Undetermined (midway through editing, dont have a clear runtime determined yet)
- Sex scene: 6 minutes (estimated based on current edit)
- BJ scene: 7 minutes (estimated based on current edit)
- Cost: it will be less than my other films as its softcore, I am guessing in the $40 dollar range
I am conflicted about wether or not to slightly postpone this film release. I will do my best to explain my mindset and behind the scenes information that has complicated this release.
- The sex scene runtime is short. Shorter than I am comfortable with. Multiple things happened that caused production complications and despite my best efforts the runtime of the sex scene has ended up shorter than I anticipated. The production complications ballooned the cost of the production of this film, so it places me a complicated position.
- I have done my best to calculate the cost of reshoots to beef up the sex scene of this film, and those reshoot costs would be substantial enough to make anyone squeamish about the wether or not they would be something thats even possible to do. Based on an average of sales for the last 3 films I have released – reshoots would mean I lose a lot of money on this film. Granted, if this film outsells my last 3 releases – I wouldn’t mind literally breaking even on this film and making $0 dollars in profit (can’t win them all nor do I plan too) but I do not see any reality in which I can eat the loses I have estimated reshoots would cost me. Especially after…
- APRIL! Fun fact – Us in the United States pay taxes in April. So, my bank account got fucked by paying the man my taxes. I have an allocated amount of money to produce my coming film ‘The Killing Joke’ which will be the most expensive film I ever made and I refuse to spend a penny of that money so that I can afford to shoot that film. I was going to shoot that film last month but multiple things delayed shooting it, so as of now that money for that project is growing dust and it will not be touched. In the same vein as Killing Joke – I have allocated assets to cover Raffle Custom that I also will not touch until that film is also shot. And finally! I have another secret project I was planning on making this year… I shot 1/3 of it and as far as I can tell… that project may never actually be complete which will be a massive loss financially for me unless I recast the actress and everyone somehow tolerates a film where the lead actress changes multiple times during watching the film.
So… just to re-summarize: I just got done paying a lot of taxes, I have allocated money for The Killing Joke which binds up a lot of my liquid assets, I have allocated money to cover raffle custom film and I shot 1/3 of a film that might be cancelled indefinitely. Which makes reshoots for a longer sex scene for Spider-Gwen almost impossible… if not a horrible financial decision.
Why am I telling you all of this?
Cause ultimately I (as in me, Damien Woods) have no ability to change the situation I am stuck in. My only option is to release the film AS IS. But YOU (The collective you, the audience interested in Spider-Gwen) have the ability to control the future of this films release.
I kind of want to put it to a vote. I have no clue how many of you are even interested in a soft-core release from me, how many of you want an unmasking film (that is also soft-core), how many of you who want a unmasking film thats softcore to have a long sex scene to begin with, OR how many of you who want a soft-core unmasking scene would actually prefer the shorter sex scene.
Does this sound complicated? Cause its what my brain has been processing for the last couple weeks.
- Release the film AS-IS
- Take pre-orders on the film, if enough are ordered – do reshoots
- Take pre-orders on film, release AS-IS, – if it sells well, do a reshoot later and send a 2nd download of extended sex scene
I am wary of the situation as I would hate to take preorders, not sell enough to cover the cost of production + reshoots, then have a bunch of customers angry who only purchased a preorder cause they wanted reshoots. Therefore – I would only want to take preorders from customers who are ready to receive the film AS-IS, cause I would not be able to withstand losing half my preorders considering everything I just typed above
I do something else to generate money to cover reshoots
Like a massive sale on some of my old films, so if people buy enough of my films on sale that could cover reshoot cost even if the film sales itself come in at a financial loss
Jesus! Did anyone of you actually read all of that? Forgive me for posting all that, its a lot, its a complicated situation, I want to be as transparent as possible without giving you my social security number. Please let me know your thoughts in the comment section BELOW
If all things go according to plan the voice over version of the Zatanna film will be released in the next month or so. If you have already purchased the film you’ll receive new links for the updated version of the film when its complete. Ball is rolling, I think its all going to work out and then we can all forget it took over a year to make a VOICE OVER HAPPEN
The Killing Joke
Ashley is not available this month to shoot. Looking into the possibility of re-scheduling shoot for next month. Please be patient! Know that however much you want this… I want it more. I have never put this amount of work into something I have made in this genre. I will make the delay worth it.
One of my personal life friends showed a bunch of his close friends (podcast host buddies) and their wives one of my films and they asked me to be a guest on their show.
They have a podcast that’s primarily about football but the episode is dedicated to them asking me about the films I make and questions they have about our genre in general.
I apologize in advance for the ‘vocal disguise crime report’ vibe my vocal audio on the episode has, just not at the point in my life where I want to be talking on podcast in my natural sounding voice.
But if you are interested in checking it out, links below
And follow them if you like football podcast
Also… how many of you out there would be interested in a Superheroine Podcast? I dont know what that would look like, but, maybe it can be a thing